I found this quiz on Brin’s blog, and while I’m not technically a “book blogger”, I like the questions so I’m answering them 🙂
What are your top three book pet hates?
1. I really, really, really hate it in romance novels when the girl doesn’t want to do something (for example, go somewhere, kiss the guy, go on a date etc) and the guy insists that she does want to do it (and hey, maybe she does and is playing hard to get) but no means no. It bugs me to no end that the guy can’t take no for an answer and will insist until she gives in. HUGE PET HATE! She said no! Respect her decision! Argh! Rant over.
2. When you read a book and it’s awesome, but then you have to wait a year for the second book to come out, then another year for the third! I generally wait until the whole trilogy is out to start reading a series now. I’m way too impatient.
3. Female characters who are indecisive. I really dislike characters who just can’t get their crap together. Like, seriously, make a decision! It isn’t hard.
Describe your perfect reading spot
My bed 🙂 I like to read where it is quiet, away from distractions. My bed is the perfect place.
Tell us three book confessions
1. I actually kind of liked the Twilight trilogy until the fourth book came out.
2. I am a huge Harry Potter fan. Back in 2005, I read SO MUCH fanfiction. It feels like a lifetime ago now, but I still look back on that time with really fond memories. Lyn and I were living together at the time and it was like one big fanfiction fest! Dramione all the way!
3. I like my books light and simple. The idea of sitting down with War and Peace or some other “classic” is like torture to me.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
I don’t think I’ve ever cried in a book. I giggle and flop around on my bed when something is adorable. Like this:
How many books are on your bedside table?
*checks* Currently… five. I’ve bought them all this month and they’re waiting to be put away. I’m thinking of doing a book haul post at the end of the month so they’re in limbo. I’ve read one and read one before.
What is your favourite snack to eat while you’re reading?
No real preference. You can never go wrong with chocolate and Red Bull.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone
1. The Glass Castle – by Jeanette Walls
2. The Tomorrow When the War Began series – by John Marsden
3. The Psy Changling series – by Nalini Singh
Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase
Write how much books mean to you in just three words
Entertainment. History. Passion
What is your biggest reading secret?
I read a lot of books and it is really rare that I like one enough to get excited about. My Goodreads account is littered with 2 or 3 star ratings. Books rarely grab me but when they do… so exciting!
Feel free to fill out the questions in the comments guys!