I know I say the same thing at the end of every month… but I have no idea where this year is going. It’s November tomorrow, which freaks me out for two reasons:
1. 2014 is almost over and
2. I need to write 1,667 words tomorrow for NanoWrimo and I don’t have the slightest idea what my novel is going to be about.
But that’s okay, because October was a pretty good month. Most notably, I made the transition to my very own domain name, which is endlessly cool. But the following also happened:
Most Popular Blog Posts This Month: (by views)
1. Writers & Bloggers, Do You Have a Job? (132 comments)
2. Writers, what do you do when your ideas run dry? (64 comments)
3. Writing a novel… Where do you start? (68 comments)
4. Bloggers, where do you find your blog post inspiration? (65 comments)
5. Writers, what does your blog say about you? (24 comments)
My October Book Reviews: (by stars)
Two five-star reads? Not a bad month, really. Five-star reads for me are pretty rare.
The Protected by Claire Zorn – 5 stars
Foreplay by Sophie Jordan – 5 stars
Talon by Julie Kagawa – 4 stars
Solitaire by Alice Oseman – 3 stars
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven – 3 stars
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray – 2 stars
Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick – 2 stars
Puppy Love by A. Destiny & Catherine Hapka – 2 stars
New Obsessions in October:
Tumblr – because seriously, how amazing is Tumblr? I’ve always had an account there but this month I’ve been stalking my dashboard feed. Loving it. My Tumblr is here
The Originals & The Vampire Diaries – the new seasons have just started and I’m excited!
Scrapbooking & Project Life – I’ve been doing Project Life for about a year and a half now, but this month I started taking scrapbooking classes to bring a more “creative” look to my pages. It’s so nice to mellow out once a week after work and do something creative.
Things I’m looking forward to in November
Nanowrimo! And I don’t think I’ll have time for much else. Let’s do this!
How was your October? What are you looking forward to in November?