This year I decided to take part in the 2015 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon hosted by Alexa Loves Books. I have no real clue what it’s all about, but it seemed like fun so I signed up! Festivities take place from February 21 to 22, and it all kicks off with a getting-to-know-you questionnaire.
1. What’s your name?
My name is Jodie 🙂
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I’m blogging from the very beautiful Australia. Specifically from the east coast of NSW.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I also write, so this blog started as a “writers platform” and then expanded into book blogging.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
For a long time my blog was just my name, “Jodie Llewellyn”, but when I made the move from WordPress to self hosted I decided to come up with an official blog name. Words Read and Written came about from a lot of brainstorming. I wanted something that linked my love of writing and reading together.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
Generally Young Adult novels across all sub-genres. I like contemporary, romance, science fiction, fantasy and dystopian. I also read new adult and the occasional adult chick lit.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I do a lot of author interviews, which I love. I’ll also occasionally ask the sporadic writing relating question to promote some discussion.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
Recently I’ve been lucky enough to interview some authors from larger publishing houses, which is exciting.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
I’m still on the edge of it. I don’t have internet access at home at the moment so I haven’t been able to get to know other book bloggers as much as I would like.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
1. The Heir by Kiera Cass – I am so excited for this one! I loved The Selection trilogy.
2. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas – an ARC of this one appeared in my mailbox the other day, so I’m excited to get started.
3. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas – because seriously, who isn’t excited for the 4th Throne of Glass book?
4. When by Victoria Laurie – this one is already out, but I need to get my hands on it. I’m intrigued.
5. I’ll save the fifth spot for a book I haven’t heard of yet, haha. I’m sure I’ll find one when reading other people’s questionnaires.
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
I really loved THE PROGRAM by Suzanne Young. It came out of nowhere and surprised me. I also like the Ivy Chronicles series by Sophie Jordan, it’s a fun NA series. And the Sinners on Tour series by Olivia Cunning if you want a steamy adult series.
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
At the moment I’m reading Wallbanger by Alice Clayton and Caroline seems like a fun girl to have around 🙂
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I like to write. I write YA fiction. I also love scrapbooking – I’ve been doing Project Life for 3 years now.
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
People go to the shops for something other than books? haha. I’m not really too sure. I don’t buy a lot of things. I can go a little crazy in craft stores buying scrapbooking supplies.
14.At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Lay Down Your Guns by Jimmy Barnes… I have no idea why, but I always put it on the jukebox.
15.Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
This is a hard one… I tend to think the movie is never as good as the book. That said, The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. That would be awesome!